Monday, November 26, 2007

So Weird.

Today is the first day of school and I have already lost 2 things: My alarm clock and my mind. The clock, a white, evil, square thing, has gone missing. Since I knew I would be tired this morning, I had set it to 5am to take a shower.

When I get back from my shower and make my bed, I know that at least an hour and a half has passed, because that's how long it takes for all the hot water to run out. But when I look to check the exact time, the clock is gone. Didn't fall under the bed, into the dresser, or anywhere else on that side of the room.

As I try to figure out what happened, I realize that I don't remember any of this morning before I went into the bathroom. I don't remember grumbling about the time, or throwing off the dozen or so blankets, or stomping over to my chair to put on my robe.

Most disturbingly of all, I don't remember my alarm clock going off. Usually I fight with the snooze button for a while, but I don't recall it ever ringing.

Somehow, I got up a 4:30am (half an hour before it rang), took a shower that lasted at least 90 minutes, and in that space of time lost a clock.

How the fuck do you loose a clock? I don't carry it around with me, and it hasn't fallen into or under me bed. If it didn't go off in my room, maybe someone took it into theirs? Who the hell would steal an alarm clock?

So strange. Anyway, I must go and get dressed. In the meantime, I will continue my Clock Hunt.

No comments: